Self-Publishing in Canada and How To Succeed On Amazon Kindle
The ultimate guide to succeeding on Amazon Kindle when you’re self-publishing in Canada!
In Part 1 of How To Succeed On Amazon Kindle, we’re going to get into some of the basic aspects of making your Amazon Kindle work for you. Unfortunately, you can’t just always drop your book into Amazon and expect to see thousands of sales. It’s going to take some hard work.
Being self-published doesn’t mean that you must go it alone. We have a variety of different services available to help indie authors self-publish their books in Canada. If your dream is to self-publish your book, then Indie Publishing Group is there to help! Self-publishing in Canada or anywhere around the world can be tough, but you don’t have to do it alone.
First off, it’s important to remember the following:
Traffic x Conversion = Sales.
- Traffic – This is what draws potential readers in to look at your book.
- Conversion – This is the number of people that decide to take the next step and purchase your book by hitting that ‘buy’
When you get these two factors right Traffic and Conversion, it’s going to equal sales.
You need to focus on some very important factors here:
- You need an amazing cover – People really do shop with their eyes first. It’s your cover which is going to draw potential readers into the next step. If you can’t create your own cover, then it’s definitely worth investing in a professional cover company or graphic artist.
- A powerful and punchy description – This is the next step after a reader sees your cover. You want a powerful description that enthralls them and pushes them to the next step, buying your book. Check out Tips For Writing A Great Book Description to learn how to create the perfect book description for your book.
- Book reviews – While they aren’t the ‘be all and end all’ of book sales, some positive reviews definitely help when you’re trying to convince a reader to buy your book over someone else’s.
If you have been searching for editing services in Canada, then check out our amazing team of editors! They have experience in a wide variety of different genres and are more than happy to help you create the perfect version of your book.
Don’t Go for a Spike; Aim for a Steady Climb!
When it comes to sales, you don’t want large spikes followed by huge drops. You want to aim for a steady climb up the Amazon sales rank. Some of the different areas you’ll need to focus on are the Best Seller’s Rank, New Releases Rank, and Popularity Rank.
- Best Seller’s Rank – This is how many sales your book is selling on a daily basis and will fluctuate as you sell more books. Your book will move up and down through the chosen categories as people buy and read your book
- New Releases Rank – Your book will land here when it’s first released and will remain here for up to thirty days after its release date.
- Popularity Rank – This is where Amazon draws its email books from. So, when you get an email suggesting books, they’ll be generated from this list. Books move up and down this list based off average sales over approximately a month.
It’s Book Category Time!
Did you know you can write amazon and choose specific categories and not all categories are as competitive as others. To learn more about categories and how to choose them, check out this article on Choosing Amazon Categories.
It’s important that you choose relevant categories to your book, not just less popular categories where your book will sit at #1. It’s no use dropping your sci-fi book into a romance category and vice-versa. Learn how to follow the Amazon brows paths to submit your books to the exact category you want to drop them into.
Great Tips for Your Next Book Launch!
- Create a proper launch plan – Plan out your launch day. Consider discounting and price drops, promotions, social media marketing, and advertisements, Kindle and Amazon ads. Don’t just do a huge 1st Spread it out over a week or plan for an entire month.
- Run some price promotions – You get free days and price promotions as part of Kindle Unlimited, so take advantage of them!
- Use your followers – If you already have a dedicated group of readers or followers, then send them out an email blast or newsletter. If you don’t have an email group or haven’t been capturing emails, then why not?
- Use other authors – Get together with other authors and help each other to cross-promote your new releases and deals.
Don’t hesitate to contact Indie Publishing Group if you need any assistance with self-publishing your next book.