INDIE PUBLISHING GROUP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Updated March 2019
Terms & Conditions
Thanks for choosing to work with Indie Publishing Group! We try to make our Terms & Conditions as transparent as possible. If you have any questions or concerns about our Terms & Conditions, please feel free to contact us directly via the Contact Us form.
- Before we begin any work, we require a 50% deposit. If you cancel your order before we begin any work, your deposit will be refunded in full. If work has begun on your project, the deposit is nonrefundable.
- Before we begin any formatting or layout, we require all relevant information and files, including photographs, tables, text, illustrations, or images. We also require your print trim size and format for your publishing platform.
- We send you the first draft once the work on your order is complete. First drafts are sent within ten business days. Upon your approval, we move on to the creation of your final files.
- If you ordered paperback formatting, we finish that formatting first. Once that is complete and you have approved it, we move onto the e-book files next. These are based on the pre-approved print files. Minor changes may be required to suit the different formats.
- Once your order is ready, we invoice you for the outstanding balance, and payment in full is required before we deliver your completed hi-resolution files.
- You are responsible for uploading your final files to your printer.
- You are responsible for ordering a proof copy of your completed manuscript.
- We fix all formatting/layout errors completely free of charge. Typos/edits requested by the buyer are charged at $1 per edit per format, and the first ten edits/typos are free.
- Indie Publishing Group is not liable for any errors or losses that may arise through the publishing or printing of your book. You are fully responsible for final approval of any royalties/printing costs when you choose to purchase the platinum concierge process.
- Once you approve the final files, you agree that you’re 100% satisfied with the final files including any errors/typos/defects whatsoever.
- Indie Publishing Group reserves the right to cancel a project at any time without notice. If Indie Publishing Group chooses to cancel a project, then any amounts paid will be refunded in full.
- If you cancel your order before we begin any work, we will refund your deposit in full. If work has begun on your project, your deposit is nonrefundable. For partial cancellations, extras, or changes that haven’t begun, your payment amount due will be adjusted accordingly on the final invoice. If you order print and e-book formatting as a package and receive a discount then choose to cancel one or the other, the amount of the order will be adjusted accordingly to reflect the change.
- If there is a breakdown in communication and no contact is made after 60 days, then we will assume you have abandoned your order and your deposit is non-refundable.
- If your original order changes in any way, then Indie Publishing Group reserves the right to cancel your order. If work has begun on your project, the deposit is non-refundable.
- In the event of a cancellation or refund, Indie Publishing Group owns the rights to any drafts or files delivered to the client, and these files can not be used in any way or form.
- Any changes must be requested via email and agreed to by both parties.
- Any changes agreed to by both parties will result in additional time on the order. The client will be advised of the additional time at the time of the agreement.
- We take your confidentiality seriously at Indie Publishing Group. All materials and communications are for use by Indie Publishing Group for the completion of your order only. We will not share your information or property with any third parties unless you approve it.
- If requested, Indie Publishing Group will agree to sign a nondisclosure agreement prepared by you at your expense.